Most Action Steps include work that is completed in a PDF file.
This involves a few common steps:
- Download the PDF from the Action Step Download
a. Save the PDF to a name and location on your personal drive (on your computer or personal cloud storage folder)
b. Ensure that you are viewing/working on the PDF in Adobe Acrobat
- Complete the work in the PDF forms (using Adobe Acrobat) and SAVE
- Upload the PDF via the Action Step Upload Your Work
- Teacher will review the work and mark it.
Details for each of the Common Steps
1. Download the PDF from the Action Step Download
If you have already setup Adobe Acrobat on your computer and set it to be the default program for PDFs -- the ACTION STEP download will result in viewing the PDF in Adobe (and not your browser).
a. Select the Action Step PDF Download.
b. Save the file to a known location on your device
On most devices, an option is offered to Open or Save/Save As. The best practice is to use Save As to ensure you've saved a copy to a known location on your device.
Navigate to a known folder, and append the filename with your name or initials.
2. Complete the work in the PDF forms (using Adobe Acrobat) and SAVE
Once you have saved the file with a personalized filename, navigate to the file and open it in Adobe Acrobat.
If you've setup your device to open PDFs in Acrobat by default, simply opening from the file folder will result in the file opening in Adobe Acrobat - and you can complete the work by filling out the items in the PDF.
When complete - SAVE again and you're ready to submit your work.
3. Upload the PDF via the Submit Action Step
a. Select Choose File
b. navigate to the file location and choose the file in which you completed your work and select Open
This will result in the file being uploaded to the server for the Teacher to review.
The successful upload is communicated in the next to the Replace File button:
4. The Teacher will review the work and mark it